Credit Review and Assessment
We offer a free credit review and assessment
of your credit situation. If you do not already have current copies, we can assist you to obtain your credit report(s) and review them. Your credit report contains information on your lifetime history of managing credit. It includes information used to identify you, such as your:
- Date of birth
- Address and
- Employment history
- Driver’s licence number.
The credit information section includes:
• A record of the Credit accounts (such as credit cards, car finance, home loan, personal loan, business loan) you’ve held in the last two years, including information on the:
– Credit provider
– Credit limit
– Opening and closing dates of the account
– Joint applicant’s name, if any.
• Repayment history, for each of the above credit accounts you’ve held in the last two years:
– Repayment amount
– When payments were due
– How often you paid and if you paid by the due date
– Missed payments (not made within 14 days of the due date), and if and when you made them
• Credit applications, a record of your recent applications for credit including:
– The number of applications you’ve made
– The total amount of credit you’ve borrowed
– Any loans you’ve guaranteed for other people.
• Credit report enquiries/requests
– Any requests for your credit report that have been made by credit providers, such as banks, telephone, electricity, gas and internet companies.
• Defaults on utility bills, phone bills, credit cards and loans, non-payment of a debt (called a default) can be reported if:
– the amount owed is $150 or more, and
– your service provider can’t contact you (called a clearout), and
– 60 days or more have passed since the due date, and
– the company has asked you to pay the debt either by phone or in writing.
• Bankruptcies and debt agreements, a record of any:
– Debt agreements
– Personal insolvency agreements
– Court judgments.
As you can imagine, everyone’s credit history is different, and likewise no two credit reports are the same. Your consultant will undertake a comprehensive review of your credit report for potential inaccuracies and issues. The credit review is undertaken to identify those matters in your credit report that, if successfully addressed, could result in an improvement to your credit score. Once your credit report has been reviewed and your current financial situation analysed, your consultant will recommend options for your credit improvement. Your personalised options for your credit improvement will be developed based on the information that you provided us, regarding your specific needs and circumstances, and following a comprehensive review of your credit report.
A credit review with us will not impact your credit score.